- What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them.
Knitting - which I learned to do as a child, made one sweater and never really knitted again for many years, but do so now with a passion. I have crocheted on and off for most of my life, but I really prefer to knit now.
- Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
- Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
This is my very first swap. I love the chance to be creative in concocting a "gift" sorts for someone I do not know - and the excitement of getting the benefit someone else's creativity. I think I like this most of all because we are doing it because we want, and notin response to a social requirement.
- What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I love deep true red burgandies, black, grays, sage greeen. I dislike yellow, pastels and most lighter colors unless it is a tan or similar color in the natural range.
- Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
No. But I sometimes pretend I am allergic to any yarn that is scratchy because the sense of touch is so important to me.
- Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
I have 3 dogs; 2 Bouvier des Flandres and small mixed breed dog that believes he is Bouvier.
- Do you collect anything?
- Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
Anything chocolate, great hummus.
- What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I like it all; sweet, salty, hot, spicy - it is all good.
- What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I wish I had more vintage needles (because I believe one can never have too many). I wish I had a ball winder and swift. I can make use of almost anything - except "open" stitch markers which jump off my needles with regularity and hide under furniture. I like any vintage knitting tools.
- Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
I am on Ravelry, as Ennanella (suprprise!)
- Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
My dogs and my home are a big part of my life. I like midcentury modern design and am renovating my 1968 home.
- What scents do you like/dislike?
I react adversely to all strong scents - I stop being able to breathe through my nose. In light scents, my favorites are "rain" or "linen".
- Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I would probably prefer Autumn - but I am a lover of Halloween also....
- Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
My favorite Halloween was when I was 6 years old and I was allowed to go trick or treating with my older girlfriend ALONE! Of course this was in the somewhat safer '60s in a smaller New England town, but it felt wonderful and free to go to the door of all these houses and meet new people and have them give us stuff!